January 20th-26th 2019
Check-in Sunday 20th from 3pm
Check-out Saturday 26th 11am
Join me for a winter warmer under the African sun. The gentle rays will caress your skin, allowing you to soften in every way; the medicine this world really needs.
Our stunning Moroccan riad is an architectural dream, with small details really making the difference; beautiful bedrooms, open sea views, a private pool and an outdoor mosaic shower all set within a stunning landscape of ancient olive and argan groves, surrounded by the enchanting Atlas Mountains. With a location just 5km from Taghazout, Morocco’s surf capital, you’re close enough to spend your free time relaxing on the beach, perhaps incorporating a surf lesson into your experience, yet far enough up into the mountain to breathe in that deep relief of silence, only sounds of nature to tickle your heightened senses.
On this adventure, together we will learn about Ayurveda; the ancient system of medicine that addresses what you think, what you do, how you breathe and what you eat. Ayurveda is a holistic practice that helps us to find our balance. I will lead you through an interactive workshop on the importance of routine and ritual as well as a hands on Ayurvedic cooking workshop where we will address and reawaken our hot flame of agni (the digestive fire), before enjoying the feast that we have all lovingly prepared together.
Each day (minus the day we are crafting our own brunch) will begin with a flowing morning practice where we feel into what our body needs… which may differ every single day! What will stay constant is the need for love and attention, and that it will receive ten-fold. We will work to elongate our movements, in turn, elongating our prana (life force/breath). I enjoy teaching vinyasa like a dance; poetry for the body to feel. Investing this extended period of time into your yoga practice, will afford greater opportunity to delve into the study of pranayama and meditation with the sweet curiosity of a child.
Our restorative evening practices will provide you with the opportunity to feel and connect in this safe space we have created and simply to enjoy each delicious moment…
Speaking of delicious… every morning we will feast on a plant based, organic brunch and each evening will bring a traditional Moroccan affair, both served up by our private chef. The food is vegan, although there will be local honey as well as our homemade organic ghee and we can cater to any gluten allergies (please specify when booking). The ingredients are sourced from the local souk which you will also be given the opportunity to explore, in preparation for your cooking class. This traditional Moroccan market provides fresh produce from the mountains; hearty pulses to ground, colourful vegetables to rejuvenate, and aromatic spices to tantalise!
In amongst our foraging excursions through the mountains, weaving words in our sacred writing circles and an array of workshops each contributing toward a discovery of your own daily medicine, there will be plenty of free time to relax and absorb all that’s going on around you and within you. You may like to explore the local towns and beaches, take lessons on surfing the wave, try out a traditional Moroccan hammam (body scrub) & massage or perhaps simply soak up every part of our luxurious riad in paradise, taking in the views of the surrounding Atlas Mountains, resting by the pool, reading that book you’ve had on hold…
I can’t wait to share this slice of paradise with you and assist you in your discovery of your own medicine, both on retreat and thereafter.
– 6 nights accommodation in an ocean view Moroccan riad up in the mountains; roof terrace, private pool, outdoor shower, and beautiful gardens
– 10 yoga classes, both yin and yang. We will explore asana, pranayama and different forms of meditation: seated, walking and yoga nidra
– Workshop on Ayurvedic routine & ritual
– Ayurvedic cooking class utilising local, organic produce from the market
– Excursion to traditional moroccan souk
– Hiking and foraging in the mountains
– Guided writing circle
– Morning fruit & tea
– Daily brunch buffets
– Daily traditional Moroccan dinners
– Surf lesson(s)
– Traditional Moroccan hammam and/or massage(s)
– Taxi to/from Agadir airport which is about a 45 minute drive away – I will link you up with any yogis arriving at a similar time. Marrakech is about a 3 1/2 hour bus ride away so is very accessible if you’re wanting to make a visit there before/after the retreat.
Price pp & Rooms:
Triple Share: £855
– Early Bird: £795 > SOLD OUT
Double/Twin Share: £960
– Early Bird: £900
Delux Double En Suit: £1065
– Early Bird: £995 > SOLD OUT
Early bird price is available if full fee can be transferred by the 30th September.
Single suite may be possible on request.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your space by paying an initial £200 deposit.
The full amount can then be paid up until 20th December.
What to bring:
– Comfortable clothes for yoga
– Layers for the evening; it will be winter in Morocco and the temperature drops considerably at night, an opportunity to get snuggly and cosy
– Yoga mat (there are mats you are welcome to use but you may prefer to have your own for a week filled with practice)
– Morocco is a Muslim country where it is seen as respectful to wear clothes that cover the body. However, Taghazout, the town closest to us is the surf capital, drawing people from all over the world. It is liberal and it’s very common to see people wearing very little, having come from the beach. Nevertheless, I would advise you to bring at least one option that covers the knees and shoulders for getting to/from the retreat. It’s absolutely fine to wear whatever you like at our own sanctuary!
Final important travel information:
– You will not need to apply for a visa and can freely visit Morocco for up to 90 days
– Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the moment you enter the country
– You must sign ‘Yoga with Ella’ terms and conditions prior to the retreat